Expressions of Risk Behaviour and Luxury Consumption in Airports
- Focuses on gambling culture and expressions of risk consumption in commercial leisure spaces (e.g. airports) where national borders are ambiguous.
- Identify patterns of risk consumption and class dynamics present in the design of airport spaces, and the targeting of specific travellers.
- How gambling and risk-related gaming can be incorporated into these designs implicitly and explicitly (e.g. through specific gambling style gaming as well as the role of social class in the travel “lifestyle”).
- Link between travel, selling luxury consumption lifestyles, and gambling games in airports.
- How class dynamics and characteristics of late-capitalism express themselves in airports.