Ph.D. Cultural and Social Analysis
- Slot machines
- Responsible gambling
- User-generated content
- Social media
Slot machine vlogs : Escaping the regulatory framework set by YouTube on advertisements encouraging gambling.
- Research focuses on content creators on YouTube who film themselves playing slot machines.
- Because these videos are user-generated, they are not regulated by the guidelines YouTube applies to advertisements, notably the age and country restrictions.
- Explore the limitations of responsible gambling policies imposed on social media content.
- Focuses on unregulated content which could be considered advertising for specific slot machines.
- How do these videos function as a mode of advertising that escapes the regulatory framework set by YouTube?