B.A. Anthropology and Minor in Sexual Studies
- Harm reductions
- Organisms “by and for”
- Research projects
- Gambling, harm reduction, and stigma
- This research project focuses on harm reduction (MRS) strategies designed to mitigate the negative consequences that gambling can be caused, without necessarily attempting to reduce gambling as such.
- The harm reduction model was originally designed to mitigate the risks associated with injection drugs, particularly HIV and Hepatitis C.
- Read the MRS used by local organizations “by and for”, such as “the Association Québécoise pour la promotion de la santé des personnes utilisateurs de drogues (AQPSUD)”.
- Identify MRS’s that aim to reduce stigma, considering that gambling players are often subject to it, which can pose a challenge for those who want to seek help.