- Legislative measures
- Corporate crime
- Organized crime
- Law enforcement
- Research Projects
- Sarah-Lanny Doirin’s Professional Education:
- Research Focus: Historical Overview of Canada’s Gambling Laws
- Exploring different types of legal gambling such as casinos, lotteries, charity gambling and pari-mutuel betting while differentiating between legal and illegal gambling.
- Analysis of the social construction of crime and crime, the sensitivity of gambling and its intersection with law and society.
- Is there a relationship between gambling and crime (violent or non-violent)?
- Examining the effects of legal gambling on organized and corporate crime.
- Which groups are most likely to be criminalized for violating gambling laws?